Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Knowing God in the depth of the soul

There was a tremendous longing for Jesus Christ within me the day after I accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour. I got my my new testament bible that I usually place in my pocket. I started reading the book of John as I was intructed to begin with. I may have not understood 98% of what I was reading but I felt that I am being fed. I sensed something within me that needs the word .

After reading some passages, I might not understand that time, my soul was being flooded that I needed to speak to God. That's the time without knowing that I was communicating with the Divine. By reading the bible, a communication was bridged!

I was no longer bound by my sins, but I had been freed by the grace of God. I could now go directly to the throne of God without any barrier. I could now tell to Him what I feel, what I need, and what's within my heart knowing that He is listening everytime.

My insatiable soul has kept seeking the Creator. This soul of mine has not rested in seeking God all night and day for a month. There was a flood of great distress if one moment I would stop knowing God. I laid down my reasons in exchange for faith. I emptied my mind for the things of this world in trade for the knowledge of the Holy.

Oh what a great discovery! That God can be found by a seeking soul. That the Creator can have a union with His creations called man.

No comments: